|dc.description.abstract||This study focused on the turnover intention: people and enterprise. People are the technical staff; the enterprise is the GDCATV. Both are affected by the big environment and small background. The big environment is the market economy; the small background is GDCAT; faced by the changing policy and the developing industry, where the technical staff has a high turnover rate.
This study hoped to find ways to help the enterprise reduce the high turnover rate, and keep the core competitiveness, which is human capital. For the current situation of the GDCATV, the researcher put forward the objective. The general objective of this study was to find out the turnover intention of technical personnel in Guangdong Cable TV Networks, Co. Ltd (GDCATV). For the hypotheses of the study, the researcher reviewed the western scholars, overseas scholars and empirical researches about job satisfaction, job characteristics, and work similarity which are related to turnover intention.
The study utilized the descriptive-correlational design to answer the objectives.
Using the questionnaires survey results and according to the variables of research structure, the statistical analysis was done to verify the hypotheses.
The respondents were the technical staff from Guangdong CATV Network Co.Ltd., (GDCATV). However, due to limited manpower, material and time, no comprehensive personal general survey had been conducted. Instead, more than 3600 staff from the 18 regional cable TV network systems within Guangdong Province except Shaoguan, Yangjiang, Jieyang and Maoming was given questionnaire investigation by delivery or email. Sampling was based on the current enterprises statistics, which was further divided into five areas: GuangShen district, Southern Guangdong district, Northern Guangdong district, Eastern Guangdong district and Western Guangdong district.
Derived from the literature review, research assumptions in case interview, survey study of questionnaire and empirical analysis result, conclusions of the research were deduced as follows:
(1) Research result shows that significant variation comes from GDCATV technical staff’s gender, civil status, position level, professional title in skill variety dimension of job characteristics. Age, position level, professional title, and length of service have significance in task significance dimension of job characteristics. Position level has significance in autonomy, feedback, other-man feedback dimension of job characteristics. Gender, position level and professional title have significance in other-man cooperative.
(2) There is significant variation on work similarity from education degree, title and position level do have significant influence on work similarity.
(3) Education degree, title and length of service have huge influence on job satisfaction.
(4) There is significant variation on turnover intention from age, education degree, title and length of service.
(5) GDCATV network technical staff’s job characteristics and job satisfaction are significantly correlated.
(6) GDCATV network technical staff’s work similarity and job satisfaction are significantly correlated.
(7) GDCATV network technical staff’s work similarity and job characteristics are significantly correlated.
(8) GDCATV network technical staff’s job characteristics and turnover intention are significantly correlated
(9) GDCATV network technical staff’s work similarity and turnover intention are significantly correlated.
(10) GDCATV network technical staff’s job satisfaction and turnover intention are significantly correlated
(11) Intrinsic and extrinsic satisfactions exert obvious negative influence on turnover psychology or thoughts and Idea of seeking new jobs. Functional similarity and Technical similarity exert obvious positive influence on turnover psychology or thoughts and idea of seeking new jobs.
Based on the research conclusions, it is recommended that enterprise operators or managers should be aware of work similarity as Reference in Technical Personnel Stabilization, pay attention to two networks’ work similarity in order to prevent “Undermining the Foundation”, and unceasingly improve Technical Staff’s Job Satisfaction. They need to improve professional quality, professional skills like participating in scientific management and shift from role play to organization influence should be undertaken by the network technical staffs. Future researches can further explore manager’s view on work similarity and the psychological aspect as another dimension.||en_US